Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 22, 2015

I was less than energetic today and I thought it was a mental thing. I went to the gym and I had signed up for the new trainer's ab class (it is tough for me and I love it) and I had this mental image to push through what I thought was a mental block. 

Turned out to be it was not mental, but physical. I am sick as a dog. First I got hit with dizziness and then my stomach said "Go ahead bitch, do another sit up, I dare you."

I decided to not push it and end the workout and go home. I had a tough five minute drive home, I felt like I'd slammed into a brick wall. I sent out some emails and made some phones calls, took some cold meds and put myself to bed. I ate what I should have today, and so what if it wasn't exactly on time. It was good enough under the circumstances.

I missed a phone call from Na-na and I'm bummed about that but proud of myself for not pushing through and instead stopping to take care of myself when I needed to. 

I'm also wondering if I'm ever going to be able to watch "The Biggest Loser" without sobbing. Not likely. Yah, I'm going to watch the finale next week and I'll sob my way through that. We'll see if I can stand to see next season. 

One last thing, my motivation to work out today was driving towards something instead of running away. I can do it. Today wasn't the day to do that - but I know I can do that. I do have a mental image of something and it's enough to drive me. I was worried it wouldn't be enough but it is. I'm sick and I'm relieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a positive space. Feel free to disagree, I am into it when people have differing opinions than mine but keep criticism constructive!!