Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Who knew a lazy Sunday could turn into a not very lazy day at all?? Quite busy and industrious actually! 

I was late for mass yesterday morning. I got in just in time to grab a missal and read the day's readings before I had to leave for Confirmation class. The idea being we tie the day's readings to the lesson. It was so cold that I actually put on my pajama pants because I was FREEZING. We're now meeting in the new loft space. Oh what a difference it makes when you're sitting for an hour and a half in adult sized chairs! lol We had been meeting in the Kindergarten classroom of the school. This is so much better! Father Jim joined us and it was NICE! He gives a different perspective about some things since he often is the one administering the sacraments. Not that he revealed anything anyone specifically said - but talking in general terms, it was quite enlightening.  


My father cannot actually be my sponsor, but my godmother can be. I asked Katie to stand in for her as proxy. I'm positive Aunty is NOT willing to come down for that. I mean, I'll ask her to be my sponsor, and no, she doesn't have to be here in person. lol she'll do it - as long as  she doesn't have to be here in person. Now, I just have to chase down my baptismal certificate. I'll be working on that this week in between working on cookie paperwork. 


Yes, cookies are almost done. I went ahead and signed us up for prime booth slots next weekend so we can dump the rest of our cookies and pulled all the Gift of Caring cookies so the girls can put together their baskets. R and I are meeting early for Tuesday's meeting so we can do the bows and whatnot. We have no idea what time the police will be there - but we need to be ready just in case they show up on time! I've just about finished my cookie paperwork - I will be collecting the rest of the funds all the moms' owe and will be contacting each parent tonight to let them know what their final balance is. Mine got all screwed up - I knew something wasn't right - I knew I owed more than it said. Now I know what is what - I've got the $$ set aside so I can pay up the correct amount and be straight with that. Once I collect the rest of the money from the moms' anything else the girls make - they get to keep. We will have paid off our entire bill from council for all the cookies we've taken. 

I got in touch with the water park down in Key Largo and got the low- down on that. Now all we have to do is pick a day to go! Woohooo!! 

Now I just have to track down my baptismal certificate and first communion certificate. I also just realized that Lent is right around the corner. I need to think about what I'm doing for this year. It's the first year in a long long time I've done something for Lent. I think it's not just going to be quitting something. I've quit lots of things, I think this year I'm just going to add good healthy habits! I know, I've also added lots of those but there are some others I can add that I should do but haven't been as good about them as I should have been. The fasting thing is still out though - but I could do something else instead. Maybe go vegan instead of fasting. The whole idea is that you're doing something extraordinary with your diet. Goodness knows, going straight vegan, no animal product vegan is challenging! To me, it's much more challenging than fasting. Fasting is too easy for me and not safe. 


I think I'm going to skip the gym and just go for a run. Probably go run at South Dade park again. It's way more convenient to run there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a positive space. Feel free to disagree, I am into it when people have differing opinions than mine but keep criticism constructive!!