Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015

What a day! My team won the Superbowl last night in a thrilling game and so I definitely woke up this morning in a great mood! 

I thought I had an appointment at my daughter's school today but it turns out it was Wednesday. Not that I'm being down on myself for getting the date wrong, but it's a sign for me. That I need to pay more attention to the details. This is a consistent pattern in my life, when I get going, I lose track of details and that lack of attention to details can spiral out of control. This is my clue to not take on too much more than I am now. Just a sign that I need to refocus myself. 

I'm defaulting back to my key strategies when I feel chaotic. Cleaning house and working on my time management. I'm doing laundry today and my goal for the day is to scrub down my bathroom. One of the worst things about being injured and recovering from having my thyroid removed was not being able to keep my house in a certain way. It's time to get back to that. I want to go back to work full-time, so that means I need to keep my house clean the way I like it done. I am literally and figuratively putting my house in order. I find a lot of comfort in it. 

I seem to say that a lot though, I'm getting myself organized. I sometimes wonder if that an excuse for avoiding something I'm in denial about - or just trying to keep myself moving forward at full bore. Time will tell which one it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a positive space. Feel free to disagree, I am into it when people have differing opinions than mine but keep criticism constructive!!