Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 5, 2015

Today begins week six of Body Beast! I can't believe I have stuck with this for an entire six weeks! I honestly don't view myself as someone who is this consistent! Yet, looking back, overall I have been very consistent with my workouts for the past three years now. Sure I've had an off day or even an off week - but I always come back to it.

Some part of my mind is in a complete panic. I keep having to soothe that Inner Negative Nelly. That voice that says ZOMG!! WE'RE ALMOST 200 LBS AGAIN!! The voice of reason reminds that part of me that duh, I gained 20 lbs BEFORE I started Body Beast. I've only gained 8 lbs since I started - most of which is muscle weight. How do I know that?   Because I can SEE it! I can see it in my shoulders, I can see the atrophied muscle in my right knee growing so it matches my left again! While those biceps are no cannons - they are some guns to be reckoned with! I can feel it in my back because I have to find heavier weights for bulk back day! Friday was bulk back and I felt like I muffed the whole workout because I needed heavier weights.  There is another part of me that always takes over that inner conversation and it can get downright gleeful over my body! Sure I still got that fat belly roll but look what else is going on! We'll get to that fat belly roll in due time! 

Doing that 10 day Challenge should hopefully make it easier for me going forward  as my focus was working on my tendency to not eat as much as I should. My food choices were rarely the problem, it has mostly been my choice to not choose food at all that is the problem. Soon as my husband collects on his next invoice, I'm buying me some Shakeology - I need at last one meal replacement a day and I just don't trust anything out of GNC and the rest of the diet aisle is just as untrustworthy. I still need to work on making time for meal prep - and hopefully today I will get to some of that! I bought all this fresh fruit Friday, and now I need to make it ready to go! Same goes for the veggies! I've got a few other ideas in my head about what I'd like to do as far as my promise to myself to start using my cool kitchen gadgets, and I have many. 

All in all, I'm feeling like I'm on track and feeling very hopeful at the beginning of week six!! I see myself hitting my macros more often than not this week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a positive space. Feel free to disagree, I am into it when people have differing opinions than mine but keep criticism constructive!!